It is a countermarch loom, so it creates a great shed.
I picked it up about 180 km away from us and when we got home I took it apart, so I could make sure all parts were hanging and standing right. I was lucky to get the booklet with it.
I warped it with some yarn I got from an old lady, it was perfect for this job.
I started with a sample using only 4 shafts, always start simple ;-)
It was difficult, but it was only a sample, but at least I succeeded.
I like to make dishtowels with the name of the receiver on it, so this was something I had to try very early in my weaving adventures.
Then I tried some weaving-software on my computer and created a draft, I warped my loom again an started to weave, it is an 8-shaft pattern with a tabby-pick between the pattern-picks:
When the shawls are ready ( I am going to treadle the second in a different way) I am going to dye them again, each a different colour.
I can't wait to see how it looks.
I dyed merino roving in three colours an spun random pieces.
I'm going to make a 2-ply.